Monday, July 11, 2011

ready to go for it again....blogging that is.

i gave up on blogging almost a month ago.  i guess i couldn't find the time with the kids, and the marathon training and everything else that comes up in my days.  then after the marathon was over i didn't really want to blog about it because it pretty much SUCKED.  theses are the reasons...
1.  26.2 miles is just too far =)
2.  i didn't prepare physically or mentally for that many hills.
3.  we really wanted to PR and when we saw that going down the drain i pretty much gave up.
4.  i knew i was letting my sister down and that mad me sad =(
5.  never knew till then how much i despise "out and back's" especially in the last few miles....so cruel!!
6.  running only one 18 miler "long run" is definitely NOT enough!
all that said i am ready to train again, the right way and try and finish vegas rock & roll in the 4:30 time limit....yikes!
i forgot to mention my lame seattle time was 5:17 min.
my garmin time was 4:41 which sounds much better but with all the times it lost signal in the tunnels, i don't think it's to legit:(
hanging out before the race people watching.

i guess this is my "what did i get myself into?" face

apparently i was less than impressed with with the porta potty conditions.



the first of many "out and backs"

i guess the sun was in my eyes...i mean eye =)

alisha with her sweet ass medal....the best thing about the whole marathon!!
so happy it was over!!
off to enjoy my day with two out of four of my kids at camps.
gotta go try and find something "warriorish" for the Warrior Dash this sunday!!

5 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm so sorry you had a rough one... but you sure look cute (and happy!) in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look awesome . You both did great. Love your outfits. I would love running with my sis too. Congrats on getting through that marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I couldn't even run a half. Shamrock was enuff> Be PROUD. Plus who was there at the finish for u??
    Bring on the WARRIORS:) Hope u r planning our cute outfits. You and your sis ROCK!!! Love u guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks lori!! And thanks for being at the finish line, that smile u caught on camera sure showed how happy u guys made me =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have bad races! I'm glad you're back to blogging and I bet you'll enjoy the Warrior Dash! Make sure to tie your shoes VERY tight :)

    ReplyDelete