i gave up on blogging almost a month ago. i guess i couldn't find the time with the kids, and the marathon training and everything else that comes up in my days. then after the marathon was over i didn't really want to blog about it because it pretty much SUCKED. theses are the reasons...
1. 26.2 miles is just too far =)
2. i didn't prepare physically or mentally for that many hills.
3. we really wanted to PR and when we saw that going down the drain i pretty much gave up.
4. i knew i was letting my sister down and that mad me sad =(
5. never knew till then how much i despise "out and back's" especially in the last few miles....so cruel!!
6. running only one 18 miler "long run" is definitely NOT enough!
all that said i am ready to train again, the right way and try and finish vegas rock & roll in the 4:30 time limit....yikes!
i forgot to mention my lame seattle time was 5:17 min.
my garmin time was 4:41 which sounds much better but with all the times it lost signal in the tunnels, i don't think it's to legit:(
|hanging out before the race people watching.|
|i guess this is my "what did i get myself into?" face|
|apparently i was less than impressed with with the porta potty conditions.|
|the first of many "out and backs"|
|i guess the sun was in my eyes...i mean eye =)|
|alisha with her sweet ass medal....the best thing about the whole marathon!!|
|so happy it was over!!|
off to enjoy my day with two out of four of my kids at camps.
gotta go try and find something "warriorish" for the Warrior Dash this sunday!!